The vision of the SMEA is to create an environment beneficial to the establishment and growth of SMEs. SMEA's administration principles are :
- Focusing on the provision of guidance in key areas, making sure that guidance is appropriate to SMEs' real needs, and gradually accumulating results.
- Aiming to provide service across the board, acting decisively and responding rapidly.
- Collaborating closely with other central government agencies, with local government and with specialist service agencies.
- Clearly formulating plan objectives and reviewing these objectives on a regular basis.
- Making effective use of both internal and external resources to achieve synergy.
Furthermore, the Administration is positioned to serve as a support for SMEs, engaging in rapid and effective integration of resources and helping SMEs to enhance their competitiveness.