1. Manufacturing Enterprises
The manufacturing enterprises operating independently, have completed company registration or business registration in accordance with the requirements of the law and have one of the following certificates for exclusive venture, joint venture or corporation:
(1) Enterprises in manufacturing industry, processing industry and handiwork industry must have factory registration certificate and according to the Factory Management Guidelines and Regulations, the enterprises without factory registration certificates can instead show business registration certificate indicating their being registered for manufacturing and processing. Enterprises without business registration certificate must submit a pledge approved by the credit examination institution. Also eligible are enterprises in the construction Industry with construction registration certificate or building registration certificate.
(2) Actual capital has to be less than NT$80 million for enterprises in operation for more than six months. The employees on the average are below 200. The "number of regular employees" shall be based on the monthly average number of employees covered by the National Labor Insurance in the last 12 months.
(3) SMEs are not exempted from certain provisions in the warnings on the dire consequence of poor credit and business performance. Business enterprises with unfavorable credit standing or performance should refer to another section in the Small and Medium Business Credit Guarantee.
2. Non-manufacturing Businesses
(1) Legally registered, independently operating, registered as exclusive venture, joint venture, corporation but not including those engaged in finance and insurance, mining or quarrying, land development, real estate rental and leasing as well as entertainment with special permit
(2) Sales revenue is less than NT$100 million but more than NT$3.5 million.
(3) Business has been in operation for more than one year.
(4) SMEs are not exempted from certain provisions in the warnings on the dire consequence of poor credit and business performance. Business enterprises with unfavorable credit standing or performance should refer to another section in the Small and Medium Business Credit Guarantee.
3. Small-scale Business
The standards for those guaranteed are the same as those for other business categories except that the sales revenue has to be less than NT$3.5 million
4. An enterprise granted guaranteed loan is no longer eligible after becoming a listed or over- the- counter company.