According to Article 2 of the Organization of the Small and Medium Enterprise Administration, the SMEA is responsible for the following duties:
- To formulate plans for the development of SMEs and relevant legislation.
- To provide guidance to and undertake the inspection of SMEs.
- To undertake surveys and research related to SMEs.
- To provide assistance for the improvement of SMEs' production technology, training and other related matters.
- To provide guidance with respect to the improvement of SME operation and management, financing, etc.
- The provision of guidance in other areas related to SME development.